2011 Funding Round Complete
Thursday, 21 April 2011
The annual WCEET funding meeting was held on 8th March 2011.
Trust received 20 applications for projects this year requesting $1.9 million in funds over the next 3 years.
Eleven projects were approved totalling $486,000 as follows:
- Tongariro Natural History Society – Wetland Restoration, South Taupo Wetlands
- National Wetland Trust – Contribution towards construction of the National Wetlands Centre at Lake Serpentine
- Ngati Tahu Ngati Whaoa Rununga Trust – Riparian Enhancement, Ohaaki
- Ngati Rongomai Hapu – Restoration of the Waiotaka River Catchment, South Taupo
- Waikato RiverCare – ongoing support of their Lower Waikato River bank enhancement programmes
- Waikato Regional Council – Riparian Planting, margins of Lake Waahi, Huntly
- Tui 2000 – Waiwhakareke Heritage Park planting, Rotokauri, Hamilton
- Advocates of the Tongariro River – River bank restoration, Turangi
- Pukawa Wildlife Management Trust – Pest control, Pukawa, Lake Taupo
- Mighty River Power – Downstream Eel Migration Research Project, Karapiro Dam
- Department of Conservation – Pest Fish barrier installation, Lake Serpentine
We look forward to working with these groups over the next few years to help them achieve their ecolocial enhancement goals.